Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How can I change the radiator in my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited?

It's a 6 Cy 4.0 li I just need to know how to get the radiator out.How can I change the radiator in my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited?I just did one of those last year. I hope my memory don't fail here. Of course, remove the fluid by opening the drain cock, located toward the bottom. You may need pliers to do this. Remove the radiator cap to help drain the fluid. Catch the fluids, cause it will kill animals if they should drink it. It has glucose in it making it sweet, and inviting to wild life. It will render them a very slow death. Next you must remove the fan blade. I believe this will require a special set of tools. They are usually available for rent at any good parts house. The fan should be screwed on the end of the water pump. This can be tricky, and you may want to help with this. The tread is right handed, and the fan come off counter clockwise. After that feet, remove the fan shroud, (2 or 4 bolts) and take the fan blade and shroud out together. Next. remove the transmission coolant lines, then the radiator bolts or top bracket bolts, and lift it straight up and out. Sounds pretty simple, but its not. Be extra careful installing it as not to knock a hole in it.Take your time and try not to loss your religion when removing the fan. LOL. I forgot to mention removing the radiator hoses.How can I change the radiator in my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited?I would imagine you just undo some bolts and take off the hoses. It should just slide out and the new one should just slide in.How can I change the radiator in my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited?Remove the upper and lower radiator hose clamps. Remove the radiator retaining bolts. Remove the radiator. Install the new radiator. Start changing your coolant every two years or keep replacing radiators as you wish.