Monday, September 19, 2011

How do you clean the inside of a plastic car radiator overflow container?

The interior of the container is caked with, what I assume is, lime or scale. I can safely and easily drain and remove the container (I'm a longtime backyard mechanic), but I can't figure out how to clean it, because a hose or similarly pressurized device won't fit into it. FWIW, I have a '99 Crown Vic, and there is nothing wrong with the radiator, hoses, or fluid, which was changed less than 2 years ago and of which my coolant tester says is fine.How do you clean the inside of a plastic car radiator overflow container?Try vinegar and water mixture.How do you clean the inside of a plastic car radiator overflow container?I should have deleted this Q; the %26quot;ken k%26quot; answer was too extreme, and Gary J's answer was half wrong: you can't clean anything with the very thing that caused the problem, in this case, water! Vinegar might work, but I'm surprised nobody said %26quot;CLR%26quot; or similar (yes, you have to use water with it!).

Report Abuse

How do you clean the inside of a plastic car radiator overflow container?replace it it wont clean