Thursday, September 22, 2011

Restart 2000 Ford Taurus Computer; want to avoid going to a dealer so I can troubleshoot.?

The car has 130000 on it right now, about 3000 miles ago with the last oil change I had trans flushed, radiator flushed, and a general Jiffy-Lube tune up to clean injectors and such.



Today I was leaving for the dentist and when I started the car it was throttle reving so I turned it off and tried again. After allowing it to go the Emmision Light came on and it returned to idle once I moved it.



I live in Chicago and we just had a bad snow and I did park the car pretty much in a pile of snow and once I got out is when everything was fine. So I would like to know how to restart the memory of the computer so I can turn off the light and reset it to normal to see if the problem happens again.



I would really like to avoid going to the dealer to pay $50 just for a restart when I just bought a set of 4 brand new tires for the thing.



Questions

-How to restart memory

-Anyone have similar problem

-Side Question: Does anyone know if the radio has a diagnosis setting?



ThanksRestart 2000 Ford Taurus Computer; want to avoid going to a dealer so I can troubleshoot.?Usually if you disconnect the ground from the battery for a couple of minutes and reconnect this should clear codes and light will go off. Most likely the light will re-appear though if problem still exists. If the radio has an anti-theft code it should say so right on the front of it.Restart 2000 Ford Taurus Computer; want to avoid going to a dealer so I can troubleshoot.?you need to take that to the shop because you will mess things

up if you don't no what to do. trying to do it yourself you will be

spending more money.Restart 2000 Ford Taurus Computer; want to avoid going to a dealer so I can troubleshoot.?unhook negative battery cable for 15 min. try that to reset computer!!
  • can a cable company do this
  • horses
  •