Thursday, June 2, 2011

I overheated a 97 Corolla. Blew the radiator, changed a bunch of parts, runs 15 mins and dies. Any ideas?

Replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, radiator. Checked alternator, good; replaced ignition module and coil. Need to know where to look, suspect choke system but I don't know how to troubleshoot it.I overheated a 97 Corolla. Blew the radiator, changed a bunch of parts, runs 15 mins and dies. Any ideas?is the %26quot;Check engine%26quot; light on? if it is there will be diagnostic codes stored in the ECU computer. those should give a clue as to what is happening.

it wont be the %26quot;choke%26quot; system because i dont think it has a choke. it does have an %26quot;idle air control valve%26quot; (IAC) and yes that could be a problem. maybe you should check the coolant temp sensor. it may have been damaged by the overheating and is now out of range.

if you are really going to tackle this - you better get a service manual and follow the diagnostic procedures.I overheated a 97 Corolla. Blew the radiator, changed a bunch of parts, runs 15 mins and dies. Any ideas?I don't have a check engine light. The air control valve sounds interesting, it acts just like the engine chokes out. I doubt if it's the coolant sensor because I don't get an overheat light. My Haynes manual is terrible, it doesn't have a good troubleshooting tree, it covers too many years.

Report Abuse

I overheated a 97 Corolla. Blew the radiator, changed a bunch of parts, runs 15 mins and dies. Any ideas?let me know if i can help clikc on me and email me!im on my email all the time
  • dvr
  • media encourages
  •