Monday, October 24, 2011

Cracked radiator on my 1997 toyota t-100?

Just got an oil change on my truck and they told me that I had a cracked radiator. Question is, is there any temporary fix I can do for like a week or so until payday when I can pay to get it fixed. Should I just keep a gallon of water on me and keep filling the radiator. Also I know nothing about auto maintenance, not even how to change oil. Please help me because I am broke until payday.Cracked radiator on my 1997 toyota t-100?There are products you can buy at auto parts store to temporarily plug holes in radiators. They're called %26quot;Stop Leak%26quot; or something like that; but I don't know how well they will work on cracks or how much they cost. But whatever you do, keep an eye on your temp. gauge and carry water with you.Cracked radiator on my 1997 toyota t-100?I used this stuff I picked up at pepboys called PLASTIC TANK REPAIR made by CARGO, stuff worked great, I have a car that is still out their for 2 months after repair, if your stuck and need a fast repair use this stuff.



You can also take your radiator out and take it to a radiator repair shop and they can just replace the one tank that is leaking, works fine too



Another option is to just buy a new radiator, depending on the car you have they cost between $89.00 to $150.00



Just make sure you replace the thermostat after either repair
  • kids hair
  • How to clearn a down comforter
  •