Monday, October 24, 2011

How many miles for Radiator Flush? I'm at 40,000 now.?

I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla LE. How many miles can I drive before I need to do a Radiator Flush and replace the coolant? I've heard it can be up to 90,000 to 100,000 miles. Is that true? I've driven 40,000 now. I know that my car needs a Transmission Fluid change too, but that's common for every 15,000 or 30,000 miles. I'm taking it in tomorrow for a Transmission fluid change...Do they %26quot;flush%26quot; out the transmission fluid too and just refill it again with new?How many miles for Radiator Flush? I'm at 40,000 now.?I'll address the transmission first. 40,000 miles is a little low for a transmission flush. 75 to 80,000 miles is more like it. The only thing your going to lose by flushing the transmission now is a little money but if you feel like it do it. Make sure the transmission pan is removed and the filter changed at the same time and the transmission refilled with the manufacturers recommended grade of transmission fluid.

Now on to the radiator. Check the color of the coolant. If it's green, it's in good shape. If you see some discoloration in it by all means have the cooling system flushed and refilled with new coolant. I check the coolant overflow tank on my vehicles for discoloration and use it for a guide as when to flush my system. Again the 75 to 80,000 mile range is about where I start to see some discoloration of the coolant.

Hope this helps.How many miles for Radiator Flush? I'm at 40,000 now.?Do it now. No car has ever been hurt by too many flushes, but lots have been ruined by inattention.How many miles for Radiator Flush? I'm at 40,000 now.?If you have the owners manual, look there in the service recomadations. Most vehicals now have 5year 15000 mile antifreeze. So read up an don't get pushed into anything you don't needHow many miles for Radiator Flush? I'm at 40,000 now.?Do it every 30,000. It's easy, takes about 30 minutes, and will add years to the life of your car.



Some places %26quot;flush%26quot; the system, meaning they pump or suck the old fluid out while pumping in new fluid, dropping the pan so that they get all the old gunk out.How many miles for Radiator Flush? I'm at 40,000 now.?Never done it to mine. Kept up with keeping the hoses in good condition and replacing old ones. Got 150 thou on now and is not the only car I have ever had. And antifreeze has improved itself a whole lot since the early days, so too the rubber hoses.